Moving into your new home should be an exciting and seamless experience, not a series of stressful store runs. To ensure you can relax and enjoy your new space from day one, Stallion Moving & Storage has compiled a comprehensive list of must-haves and essential reminders for your move. Whether you’re a seasoned mover or this is your first big move, this list will help you be fully prepared.
Moving Essentials: Beyond the Basics While you’ll be bringing most of your belongings with you, there are some specific items you’ll need to make your first days in your new home comfortable and convenient.
1. Temporary Window Treatments: Consider a portable curtain rod and curtains for immediate privacy, especially if your new home doesn’t come with blinds or curtains.
2. Shower Necessities: Don’t forget to pack a shower curtain – it’s something easily overlooked but essential after a long day of moving.
3. Security First: Changing locks should be a top priority for safety and peace of mind in your new home.
4. Sorting Made Simple: Various colored garbage bags can be a lifesaver for sorting recyclables, donations, and trash during the initial unpacking chaos.
5. The Mighty Post-it Note: These little notes are perfect for labeling, organizing, and jotting down quick reminders as you settle in.
6. Baby Wipes: These aren’t just for babies! Unscented, hypoallergenic wipes are great for quick cleanups on surfaces and hands.
7. Hand Sanitizer: Keep this handy in several places around your new home, especially before you’ve unpacked your bathroom essentials.
8. Batteries and Extension Cords: Make sure you have these to quickly set up essential electronics and appliances.
9. First Aid Kit: Accidents happen, so having a first aid kit easily accessible is crucial.
10. Food and Beverages: Stock up on snacks, bottled water, and coffee or tea to keep everyone hydrated and energized.
11. Moving Day Bag: Pack this like a day-trip bag, with essentials like toiletries and a change of clothes, for easy access.
12. Capture the Memories (and Details): Take photos of your old place for memories or to keep track of where things were. Photos can also help you remember new information like parking codes or utility meter readings.
13. Keychain Toolkit: Equip your keychain with mini-tools like flashlights or a Swiss army knife for those unexpected needs.
Your Suggestions Welcome Our list is just the beginning, and we love hearing from you! Share your own moving hacks and essentials on our social media platforms. Your experiences can help others prepare for their moving day.
Remember, a well-prepared move is a smooth move. Stallion Moving & Storage is here to support you every step of the way, from providing top-quality moving services to offering expert advice on making your transition as stress-free as possible.