A pre-move survey is an inhome Interview between the moving consultant and the customer who is moving. Your AMJ representative will schedule a visit to your home at your convenience to determine the requirements of your move and answer alt your questions it is important that you be there to personally discuss the move process. Be sure to show the moving consultant everything that is to be moved including items in storage sheds, attics etc. If you have items stored at another location. it is best to arrange to have the consultant view these items, if this is not possible. then make a detailed list.
The interview and survey have several purposes.
- Estimate the weight of your shipment
- Estimate your packing requirements and identify special service needs such as appliance servicing, crating etc.
- Determine logistics — i.e. access by a tractor-trailor to residence.
- Review your responsibilities, explain the moving process, step by step, and discuss your individual needs and concerns.
- Provide suggestions and options that will meet those needs and still remain within your budget.